Friday, September 14, 2012

Major Update

Well, Well, it's been awhile hasn't it? I hope to change that and start blogging again. there are so many happenings in my life as of late it's hard to know where to begin.

First off, I have had at least two major life altering experiences which I will come back to in a moment. 

As you know my blog has been primarily about the "lighter side of my life", I didn't want to blog about "dark or valley" times in my life but you know as well as I do we all have them.  However, what I am about to share is not meant to be a pity party for me, believe me I have been through those too and they aren't fun. I share my story only to let you know I am moving on through; I am not completely there yet but I do have hope for the future. I feel pretty good this morning as I sit and write this I will try to be brief and only touch on highlights of the goings on of the last six months. (I know some of my friends find it hard for me to be brief as I seemingly love to use a plethora of words even to describe a trip to the corner store. LOL)

My first life altering experience started on March 22, 2012 when I took my dogs to the vet for their shots two towns over from where I live. I was taking my German Shepherd, Bear back to my Ford Ranger when suddenly he lunged forward and took me with him as I was holding on to his lead with my left hand. I fell hitting my head on the bumper of my truck and severely injured my right knee when I hit the pavement. People came rushing out of the vet's office to assist me. By now Bear was loose and we were parked on Main Street. He's a big boy and people are usually afraid of shepherds Bear was no exception as he was barking by now. I called to him and he came to my side. I told someone just open my truck door to let him in. Meanwhile, I am seeing stars (remember it was afternoon) and wanted to toss my cookies. Someone asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital. of course I said, "No", (as I usually do in these situations), I will be alright. I honestly felt like crap but said I would be fine. I got up and went back into the vet's office to pay the bill. Now, I didn't know which feeling was worse my huge vet bill or my leg which was now throbbing in pain. I decided both were equally painful. LOL I climbed into my truck and made my way home. Thinking back I honestly didn't know how I managed to get home, I must have been in shock. 

When I got into the house I sat down on the kitchen chair and I was feeling poorly as the whole kitchen was spinning and I thought to myself, "Now what"?  I waited for the feeling to pass, got up  went to the freezer and got a bag of peas to put on my knee. I could hardly walk by know. I did manage to haul out my cane, and use it to help me walk. I decided I would be fine.  I was not fine believe me as the pain I was experiencing was unbearable for a very long time. This journey of pain lasted for months, but I am getting ahead of myself as there is more; what I just described to you pales in comparison to what's ahead in this story.

I injured my leg on a Thursday and on a Monday I called a friend of mine who is a First Responder to come over. She took one look at my leg and told me I needed to go to the hospital A.S.A.P.  This was not what I wanted to hear. My brother came from the city with his daughter-in-law to look after my dogs and the ambulance took me to the hospital. First ride ever for me! They ran many tests for my leg including a CT scan for my head. When the ER doctor came to give me the test results  First off he said all your tests came back fine and the CT scan revealed no injury from hitting your head on the bumper of the truck "BUT" we found something else. When he said but,  I never in a million years was prepared for what he told me. I am going to stop here and resume later. I know, what a cliff hanger: What did the doctor tell you? I can tell you this it was the beginning of my first major life changing experience for me. 

Till next time,
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment