Sunday, January 25, 2009

Good News

I am very happy to report that my house in the city has finally SOLD!!! Now I can get down to the business of working on a "new retirement plan." I started this blog as a pre-retirement musings. However, it seemingly has taken on a life of it's own. I have been in the last chapter of my life since 2007 and it doesn't seem that this particular chapter is going to be completed anytime soon. This is not a bad thing by any means, not by a long shot. I will not be taking early retirement anytime soon. This is my choice. I could retire now if I really wanted to but I would be carrying a wee debt since the housing market's recent decent. I have reworked my plan so I will stay in the work force for at least another 2-3 years ... which will bring me a few steps closer to 65, (I just turned 60, over a month ago). My pension took a hit which I hope to recover most of it by working a wee bit longer. The reason I am all right with this is that I have a choice in this matter. We seemingly feel better about our situations if we have/or believe we have a choice in the matter.

My living expenses are almost cut in half by living out here in the country. I do not live too far from the city which makes the drive relatively easy even during the winter months. Once I retire my trips to the city will be less frequent and only on a need basis.

Till next time, cheers!!!

Jaime & Company



No comments:

Post a Comment