Sunday, December 13, 2009

Winter Time

This is a picture of my back yard taken from the deck. I love how it looks in the winter time. My dogs love to romp around and roll in the snow especially Angel. Bear has made his own personal trail that he likes to run every chance he gets.

We just had another power outage. We have been having a lot of them this winter already. This one lasted only a half an hour while the others have lasted much longer. Have you noticed how dark it gets at 5:30 p.m. ? Do you know what that means? I go to work in the dark and I come home in the dark. You get use to it but none the less it's an adjustment for all concerned especially me. I don't like night driving and try to avoid it if I can.

Have you noticed how quickly the Christmas season sneaked up on us this year? Well actually it happens every year. Boom it's here and then it's gone as quickly as it came. Then we have a new year ahead and hope that we can do better. We make all kinds of resolutions that are usually forgotten before the end of January.

This past year's theme for me was one of changes. The biggest one being the delay of my retirement plans. A change from being a worker to becoming a supervisor. A change from living in the city to moving to the country (2008).

This makes me think what 2010 will bring more changes or more of the same? Any change requires us to make adjustments in our lives. It's interesting for me to look at where I am now and where I will be a year from now. Since I am close to retirement and able to retire at anytime it influences my day to day decisions. It's freeing to know that I do not have to work another 10 to 15 years. I have the option of making the choice myself. I don't have anything to prove to anyone or even myself.

I chose to work right now and I will chose to retire at some point. But for right now I am content to keep working until I decide I am done.

Till next time,

Jaime & Company
Teddy, Angel, & Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment