Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunny Days


There are sunny days ahead, at least that's my prediction. It is in fact very sunny outside right now and it was sunny yesterday. Tomorrow, well that's another story. It could be sunny ... if you look at it that way. You see, we can still picture the world outside sunny because of how we feel inside.

For example, when a person states they are feeling blue or have the blahs ... it could be either sunny or raining outside. Their feelings are not necessarily dependent upon the weather, but rather their feelings belong to them and how they interpret the world around them. If I think poorly about myself, I will act poorly in my environment. If I believe that everyone is out to get me ... they propbably are since I am interpreting everything by my thinking and feelings. When I wake up tomorrow and think to myself it's going to be one of thoses days then sure enough it is going to be just "one of those days" when nothing goes right.

Two people can be looking at the same thing and have totally different interpretations of what they are looking at ... our perceptions are influenced by our frame of reference. If my focus is on the hole and not the donut then I can conclude that life is just a big fat zero. If I focus on the possibilities of that donut, like a delicious treat that I can eat and enjoy. I will not necessarily notice the hole, but rather that eating it has met a need of satisfying my sweet tooth.

Till next time, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment