Monday, February 4, 2008

Not a Morning person?


Good Morning!

Ever wake up in the morning feeling like a bear? This morning is one of those mornings. I looked in the mirror and saw a bear starring back at me. Now wouldn't that set you back a notch or two if that happened to you?

The other morning in the elevator, I over heard someone telling the person next to them that when they woke up this morning they felt like a bear! Strange, I didn't think they looked like a bear, they looked more like a chicken clacking away. Last week, I asked one of my colleagues if they work up grumpy this morning. They replied, "No they let him sleep!"

It seems to me that getting up in the morning feeling like a bear or grumpy all has to do with our attitude, in these situations, towards life. Whether we embrace life with gusto and can hardly wait for the day to begin or drag ourselves out of bed in the morning, our attitude, our thoughts will affect our energy for that day and for some of us everyday.

For example, suppose you awoke this morning at the crack of dawn knowing that today you were leaving on your trip to Mexico, Hawaii, or a warm place of your choosing void of snow. What are you thinking and how do you feel?

On the other hand, if it's 50 below outside with the wind chill and you know your boss will be breathing down your neck as soon as you arrive at your desk this morning. What are you thinking and feeling? I think you get the picture.

Did you know that your feelings about any situation can be controlled by your thinking? My first example may leave you feeling excited about getting away from it all without a care in the world.

Some of you may get a kick out of ticking your boss off by being late with your reports just to make him/her look bad at the next manager's employee productivity meeting.

So what about you, what are you thinking this morning? Do you feel like a bear or happy about getting up this morning ready to face whatever life throws at you?

If you're wondering about me, to be honest, I want to crawl back into bed and hit the snooze button for yet another 10 minutes while I try to get back into my dream about vacationing in Texas!

Till next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment