Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Turkey Day !!!!


I awoke early this morning to prepare the turkey for the oven. Teddy was by my side watching. The look on his face was priceless: the tip of his tongue hung out of his mouth his eyes glissing as he watched me place the turkey in the oven. If he could talk he likely would ask, "How long is this going to take?" Haida and Angel are snoring in the living room. The radio is playing non stop Christmas music and my budgies are chirping away in the background. All is well!

I reviewed some of my 2007 entries from December 2007 (I was still living in the city) and noted that I was talking about working another year (2008) and then had visons of retirement. Well that's not exactly how things played out this past year. I am ready to retire in every way except for the fact of one small detail: my house in the city is still on the market! I hadn't planned on living in the country and working in the city as winter driving is not my idea of a good time since this time of year it's more night time than day light. 

However the upside is that for some reason I am still working in 2009! I hope to find out what that reason is but for now it's not for me to know. 

But I digress, this is Christmas Day. I imagine kids getting up early to see what Santa has brought from their long list of things they mailed to the North Pole. I was reading a story yesterday about a little 9 year old girl who wrote to Santa and asked him to help  stop one of her relatives from abusing her and her little sister. The letter was handed over to the authorities and after an investigation the relative was arrested and charged. Apparently he had been abusing the girls for the past 4 years. It's interesting that this little girl's last hope was for Santa to come through for her ... and he did! These two little girls will no doubt always believe in Santa. 

Cheers,

Jaime & Company

No comments:

Post a Comment