Sunday, January 20, 2008

Winter Months


Yesterday I was mapping out the next three months on the calendar and noted that Spring is around the corner. You would never know it since the temperature is like a yo yo from one day to the next.

I began thinking about all the yard work and I became tired and thought to myself that winter isn't too bad for catching up on things I like to do inside the house. I guess there is a trade off for me in there somewhere. Perhaps this year I will be able to keep up with the yard maintenance since my work days won't always be the same as everyone else's.

I will also make a decision as to whether to retire at the end of this year (2008) like I had planned or if I will stay another year (2009). The ball is in my court, so to speak, which gives me the power of choice.

Life is about choices isn't it? If we weren't afforded choices we would likely feel powerless. There are situations that come into our lives which seemingly do not give us the choices we want. But nonetheless we still have a choice. Perhaps not to change the circumstance but rather we can choose our responses to unwanted and untimely situations which life can throw at us at any given moment. We can chose to live in fear or great expectations of the challenges which are ahead of us.

In the end, it's still up to us how we fair in any given situation by the choices we make in our responses to whatever life tosses our way.

Right now I chose to sign off and make myself breakfast.

Till next time, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment