Monday, January 28, 2008
I subscribe to the above named newsletter. Last week Jane Straus added a humorous flavor to her editorial. She posted the following: Excuses Sent by Parents to Schools
She writes and I quote:
Apparently, these are real notes written by parents. (Spellings have been left intact.)
1. My son is under a doctor's care and should not take PE today. Please execute him.
2. Please exkuce lisa for being absent she was sick and i had her shot.
3. Dear school: please ecsc's john being absent on jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and also 33.
4. Please excuse roland from p.e. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.
5. John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.
6. Megan could not come to school today because she has been bothered by very close veins.
7. Chris will not be in school cus he has an acre in his side.
8. Please excuse ray friday from school. He has very loose vowels.
9. Please excuse tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.
10. Please excuse jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.
11. I kept Billie home because she had to go Christmas shopping because i don't know what size she wear.
12. Please excuse jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it monday. We thought it was sunday.
13. Sally won't be in school a week from friday. We have to attend her funeral.
14. Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.
Moving right along, till next time Cheers!
p.s. When you click on the title, The Blue Book Grammar, this link will take you directly to her website. Enjoy!