Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Laughter, Respect, Kindness, Ingrediants for a successful work environment ...


I was out with friends last night. We had a great time talking about the way things were, are, and likely going to be in the future. What fun. We need to laugh more and be less serious about our lives. I am not talking about being irresponsible but rather, learning to find the humor in things and people around us.

The work unit I am currently in is like that ... we have lots of fun and can laugh with each other and find the humour around us and then laugh about it. Our work is serious enough which keeps us very busy, but we never seem to forget to laugh.

It's a great place to work, in fact, it's the best place and greatest people I have worked with in my entire career. My boss is a very gracious, caring, kind, and accepting, respectful individual. She is self-confident, knows who she is and how to bring the best out in people. In our unit we work together as a team and have a mutual respect for one another. I have been truly blessed to have been afforded the opportunity to work with such wonderful people.

The person I share an office with happens to be someone I knew and worked with a number of years ago. He will be retiring six months ahead of me. We respect one another, laugh a lot especially when we talk about "do you remember how things were when we started working in our jobs? We were in our 20's back then. We have over 60 years of work experience between us and wonder why we're not in charge of the entire department! Then we laugh about that ... I am glad I had the oppportunity to share an office with him especially since we are both in the last chapter of our careers and moving on to new adventures and new chapters in our retirement years.

The time is fleeting by here ... i have to get ready for yet another day of hard work and of course laughter.

Till next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment