Saturday, December 15, 2007

A New Day ...



Yesterday was my last day of work at my current position; I am now in my Christmas vacation mode. Since I no longer have to rush to be any where or keep appointments, write reports, or see any more clients, I don't have to hurry, at least during my vacation.

Last night I attended our unit Christmas party. What fun! I was surprised when they gave me a card,(not an e card), an actual paper card, not Hallmark, nonetheless, I held it and read what everyone wrote to me. Let me tell you, they had another surprise for me, a Wal-Mart gift card! I love Wal-Mart, I shop there all the time. Thanks guys!!!

The party was great fun as we ate, played games like Slang Teasers and What's yours? What a hoot. Both games entailed guessing the answers ... the process itself was a hoot! We laughed so hard our sides ached and those of us over 50 peed when we laughed. Not that anyone admitted the latter, but I am sure some of us had a wee bit of a warm feeling from laughing almost non stop. Most of us left after mid-night. When I got home the dogs met me at the door, actually they all but mowed me over to get outside and yes, you guessed it, to pee.

I almost forgot when I arrived at the party and coming up the walk the host asked me if I brought a kitty cat with me, Jokingly,I said, "Yes", I turned around and called the kitty, "come on kitty" She bounded up the stairs into the house like she owned the place. She was a beautiful Calico kitty, probably a year old. She made her way around the room and the host's cat, Tigger was not impressed, let me tell you. The new kitty couldn't care less as she worked the room like a pro and provided the live entertainment for the evening.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed, made my way to the kitchen, let the dogs out, turned on the lights for my birds and they started chirping like they do every morning. I then made coffee, toast and poured a glass of freshly refrigerated orange juice. (I bet you thought I was going to say freshly squeezed oranges). I grabbed the Christmas flyers to look at the sales.

So today has been a rather slow day for me. I am trying to recoup from lack of sleep and being out late. When I was in my twenties being out after mid-night was no big deal. But now, well it's a different story.

I made a roast for supper today and my dogs are eagerly waiting for me to finish so they can eat, but I thought I would first make a quick entry for today.

Till next time, Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment