Friday, December 7, 2007

TGIF


I am not sure what it is but for some reason this week seemed to just drag by ... and I am dead tired and it's only 4:30 a.m. this Friday morning! I am not usually up this early, but the dogs got me up to let them out earlier than usual. They went back to bed and I meandered over to the computer to see who else was up,no one, surprise, surprise.

I feel like that little puppy on the picture, just drained of all my energy, just hitting the keys is an effort. Why not go back to bed? I won't want to get up in an hour or so to get ready for work.

This has been quite the week hasn't it? What a season this is turning out to be for some of the folks in Omaha Nebraska. The innocent people who were gunned down for no apparent reason except that they were in the line of fire.

There were many heroic employees who sprang into action immediately to get not only themselves out of the way but the customers in their stores by ushering them into a small back room. The stories are just starting to come out about others that took action to ensure the safety of some of the people around them.

The gunman's last act was to shoot himself. Apparently, this is what he had in mind in the first place, suicide, with a sinister twist, he wanted to take others with him "... so he would be famous." think of all the families that have lost loved ones as a result of this rampage, their lives have been turned upside down during this Christmas season.

All we can do is remember them in our prayers and that they find the strength to carry on with their lives which is most difficult to do. My thoughts are with them today.

Canada is no different, On Dec. 6, 1989, 14 young, bright, ambitious students at l'École Polytechnique de Montreal were murdered by a hate-filled gunman.”

The difference in motivation between these two incidents is that the first gunman wanted to be remembered before committing suicide and the other gunman specifically targeted women.

When I started out writing today's blog I had no intention of talking about the shootings above. We really can't get away from what is happening not only around us but in the world today. It make one think whether there will ever be peace on earth and good will to all.

I don't really want to end on a bad note here so here is a suggestion: today when you go about your business be a little extra kind to those around you and make a difference in someone's life. One act of kindness can go a long way believe me, I know.

Till next time, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment