Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday Morning


Good Morning,

It would seem that today is just another weekend day, but not so, we are well into the Christmas Season and frantically running around looking for ... well you know what you are looking for ... don't you?

The other day I was talking to a friend at work. She told me she does all her Christmas shopping online. She says it beats the crowds, and rushing from place to place. She excitedly told me that from the comfort of her home she sits in front of her computer and with the click of the mouse, she can choose her gifts and in a few days they arrive at her door.

Now, I am sure there is a downside to this mode of shopping. What about the last minute gift, the person whom you forgot to buy for and just happened to remember when they called asking for your color. Oops,I wonder if there is express delivery for the same afternoon?

Call me old fashioned, but I like to hear the Christmas music in the stores, the grabbing, pushing and yelling "I had that first" as you tell the person "Look over there, isn't that Robert Redford"? Then you run to the nearest cashier with your prize, only to discover it's the wrong size!!! You get the picture don't you.

How about shopping online on Boxing Day, now that is something I could go for in the comfort of my own home!

Well it's time for my first cup of java for the day.

Until next time, cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment