Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tuesday: Day 2 of 5



I love this picture. I first saw it on one of the GSD forums. I loved it and thought I would share it with you this morning. You guessed it, I miss my dogs. When I awoke this morning, no dogs on my bed, to step over as I make my way in the dark to the bathroom, or to let outside and best of all, no standing by the back door in my bathrobe with my pockets full of treats waiting for the dogs to come back in. Nothing, just silence!

We are very much creatures of habit. In a couple of days I will be use to a new routine while I am away from home. I get up, get ready for the day, go down stairs, have breakfast and then make my way to the lecture hall. I am already tired thinking about sitting all day listening to someone talk. Wait a minute, soon it will be me up there lecturing to a group of people, I wonder if they will be thinking the same thing about me? I am here to learn how to deliver material to people by making it interesting and appealing so they will be motivated to integrate it into their daily lives to make their jobs easier. I am getting ahead of myself. I will explain more later.

We are so use to our own routine that any changes are not easily made especially when we are in "the last chapter" of our lives at least that's how it is with me. My current job keeps me very busy. The days seem to fly by and before I knew it we are weeks away from Christmas.

Speaking of time flying by, I had better get ready for the day. Coffee is made, Good Morning America is on the TV and my shower awaits. I wonder how my doggies are fairing in the kennel this morning? They too, are probably wondering what happened to them and where on earth is mommy?

I just finished a day of training and I am ready to enjoy an evening of relaxation. The day was jam packed with information, exercises and videos. However, by the time 3:00 p.m. rolled around most of us looked like the GSD's in the picture at the beginning of this blog. I am happy to report we survived and are looking forward to a day off from training to accommodate a change in our training schedule.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, November 7, 2007 is an Election Day in our province and being a government agency we had to cancel to allow people opportunity to vote. However, we do have to make up the day and extend our training session to Friday, November 9, 2007. On the bright side we will be dismissed early to accommodate the speakers flight back to Buffalo New York!

This afternoon I called the kennel to ask how my dogs were doing. Of course they told me they were fine and seemingly happy. I could hear barking dogs in the background but it didn't sound like mine. I know my dogs and each of their barks.

I will post more tomorrow and I think I will call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment