Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wednesday: Day 3 of 5


You have heard of the term,"let's not reinvent the wheel". Well if you look around, you can see that people are reinventing the wheel all the time by giving it a different label. For example, rollouts of "new" innovated ways of doing more with less seems to have a historical feel to it? If you have been working at the same place for more than six months you know what I am talking about.

When I registered for this training I was unable to get the same room for the entire week. When I arrived on Monday, I moved into the last available room. On Tuesday, I moved into the room I am in now. Today I will be moving to a room that I can stay in until I leave on Friday.

I feel like a transient with no fixed "room". I should have left my bags in the car and just slept in the lobby until my Wednesday room was ready! Since I am a problems solver, I could have applied for a temporary job and assist the hotel with their problem of room shortages. I could have asked other guests if they planned to stay the entire night or if they weren't using the second bed in their rooms would they would like to rent it out to another guest. Then perhaps I would have been able to move into my own room for the week. Now there is a catch, my Wednesday room has two beds and being the problem solver I am, the sign on my door reads "occupied", so that no one else will try to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Don't even think about knocking on my door!

I have to pack, well just put away my laptop, pull out my jeans and replace them in the suitcase with my dress pants and move on to my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment