Saturday, November 3, 2007

Weekend Madness: Visiting the Vet and Domestic Chores

(I don't know the author of this picture to reference it properly, but it describes my GSD to a tee!)

In a few minutes I will open the closet and reach for the dog collars. excitedly all three will come running, thinking they are going to the 'dog park'. Opps, sorry guys, please forgive me, we are going to the Vet's Office for your dreaded shots!

We're back! The dogs couldn't get out of the truck fast enough when we arrived home. They were pretty good at the Vet's office although when they saw the lady in a white coat they instinctively seemed to know what was coming next. They fired a look at me as if to say, "You said we were going to the dog park!" They are now having a bite to eat and getting ready for their mid-morning snooze.

If you're like me the weekends are usually spent catching up from things we put off during the week. I am I right? This weekend I have a number of things to do to get ready for my out of town trip. Since I have three fur kids they will spend the week in a kennel, my preference is to have someone come to the house, however, that no longer is an option for me.

All the domestic things are waiting for me: laundry, vacuuming, dusting, dishes, etc. I had better get started before the day slips away from me. I will leave packing for the last.

I am off to a week of training. I will be sitting all day listening to someone lecture about how I should and shouldn't do things and what works best according to whomever! Enough already. Actually I do enjoy getting away and learning new things or rather old things packaged in a new innovative way!

I will be staying in a motel. Just think, I won't have to get up to let the dogs out, feed the birds, I have birds too, lots of them, budgies and lovebirds, there will be no chirping when I get up in the morning only the sound of the maids coming down the hall with their carts waiting for me to exit so they can fluff the pillows and turn over the sheets.

But I must tear myself away from the computer as the minutes are ticking and I have so much to do Thank goodness I did all the yard work last weekend. I will be back!

Well, I am back and it's almost bedtime, the dogs are already snoozing. I finished cleaning the house, doing the laundry and cleaning the kitchen, tomorrow the bird cages. This afternoon I sat down for a few minutes and before I knew it I was horizonal snoozing away!

I love coming back from a trip to a clean house. Actually I love coming home to a clean house anytime. However, as you know a GSD sheds any time of the year and I usually have to vacuum when I finish vacuuming. Go figure! I wouldn't trade my fur kids for anything. They are great to have around. Well, I am going to call it a night and will likely post again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment