Friday, November 30, 2007

The Weekend List


Do you make "to do lists" for yourself? I do. If I don't, I tend to forget to complete tasks for that day or week. I think of them more as "reminders" than "to do lists". To do lists seem more like a command rather than just jogging my memory to not forget to accomplish tasks.

When at work, my DayTimer is more like a 'To Do' list, than a reminder. I have to keep appointments, write reports, see clients at specific places and times.

Whereas, at home my to do list is a wee bit more flexible, unless of course I am planning a dinner party for guests arriving at a designated time.

To do lists can afford us a certain satisfaction of accomplishment each time we strike off a completed task. I know I enjoy making the stroke through a task upon completion and then counting how many more I have left. Another plus is that you don't have to complete the tasks in order, like you do in a work day timer.

In case you are wondering, there is no dinner party planned for this weekend or anytime soon for that matter. This year for our unit Christmas party we are going to order in. I love the idea because I can just envision myself driving down the street in my truck with my favorite hot steaming chili on the seat beside me, when I have to I brake suddenly, and the chili dumps on the floor. You know what I am talking about, don't you?

Till next time, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment